Thursday, September 12, 2013

Well, we're off and definitely stumbling.


I was so excited to share this with you and proclaim, "At last! The perfect alternative to Bon Iver! This is great, because the Bon Iver albums always make me want to cry, and they don't release music often enough!*" Then, I looked more into the band and quickly found that one of the lead singers is Justin Vernon....and then I started noticing lyrics of northern exposures...and sensing strong feelings for something that vaguely reminded me of Wisconsin...And then a friend proudly pointed out to me that they've been making music since 2009.

Well, whatever. Their new album 'Repave' is great. Someone on Twitter described it as "a brilliant headphones album," which might not be good for all you ragers out there, but for me, as I sit inside my tiny studio while it pours on New York City, it's perfect.

*Heartbreaker: Rumor has it Bon Iver's on an indefinite hiatus. Some claim otherwise. In the meantime, there's Volcano Choir.

------
Byegone
Volcano Choir

No comments:

Post a Comment