Monday, June 18, 2012

Love can't be the place to start, so let's not stop.



Things are going pretty well in this tiny, quiet corner of the world. Summer school may not be the best thing ever, but I'm hanging in there. I've also made a couple friends, so that has helped. I'm starting to actually feel like a college grad, and the fact that big things are about to happen is starting to feel real. Not completely real, but we're definitely getting there.

Other news: I'm heading to NYC next Monday after my stats final exam to meet with the firms! I'm stoked (...about the trip, although I would also use the word 'stoked' to describe my feelings about stats being over)! My program has strong working relationships with five companies, and recruiting has already begun even though school hasn't! I'm really looking forward to meeting people I could potentially be working with starting in January, as well as seeing some NYU friends I studied abroad with in Florence when I was a junior.

Microsoft held a super secret meeting today about their new tablet, Surface. It looks pretty cool, but at the same time, it's still too early to tell how much of an impact it will have on the iPad market. I don't have an iPad, but I'm sure I'd love something like it some day in the future. And although I love Apple products, it might be nice to see Microsoft come out with something better and cooler. You gotta cheer for the underdog every now and then!

This band, the American Secrets, is also famous for a FreeCreditScore.com commercial, which I find pretty comical for some reason.

------
Let's Not Stop
The American Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment