Friday, June 29, 2012

Let's Go!


I had an amazing time in NYC! I got to visit four firms in three days, meet tons of new people and potential coworkers, and get to know some of my classmates.


This is what I wore on my first full day in the city. Cardigan is from JCrew, skirt and blouse are from Banana Republic, and the shoes are from BCBG. You can tell how excited I was to get the day started! 

In addition to getting to know the firms, I also was able to squeeze in a bunch of sightseeing. I visited the 9/11 memorial with a couple classmates. The whole place is very touching and moving. You couldn't help but be overwhelmed a little bit. You can also tell that a lot of thought went into the design. My heart still aches for everyone who was impacted by 9/11. 


I was also able to see an off-broadway show, Avenue Q! I know all of the songs, but have never seen a production, so it was awesome to see everything in context! It is super raunchy, hilarious, and politically incorrect, so if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff I wouldn't recommend it. On my way to the show, I did manage to snap a pic of Times Square!


Finally, I caught up with some friends who I studied abroad with in Florence my junior year of college. They are some of my closest friends, so it was great to see them, and I'm really looking forward to being able to see them more often when I actually live in the city. We also went to this amazing cupcake and beer bar (No, I didn't stutter!) called Sweet Revenge that was so cute and run by this really cute, nice girl. Overall, I had an amazing time in NYC and already can't wait to be back!!


------ 
Let's Go

No comments:

Post a Comment