Saturday, November 24, 2012

Never a stepping stone.


My life right now:


My brain feels like it's about to explode, but somehow I still just keep studying... One more week of this madness, and I will be free as a bird, and will easily be found next Saturday night dancing at South. I love Nashville. So much more than I thought I would. I can't talk it up enough. Even some of its Southern residents are pretty great. ;)

Spent Thanksgiving Day in Boone, and had a great time. I was only there for a brief visit and came immediately back to Nashville to continue studying. Boone is unreasonably gorgeous, and I'm very excited to head back in a few weeks for Christmas Break with the fam.



A lot of things have changed over the past few weeks. I wanted to share this article with all of you which I read on Facebook today. Those thoughts are, indeed, connected. It basically describes everything I have learned over the past three years, on a college-semi-serious-dating level, which I'm hoping means I'll get it right when I do marry. It's also hilarious.

"31 Ways I Blew My Marriage."

Change always ends up being good though, even if I have always hated it. Something I have noticed: change is easily accepted when things are exciting. And things are definitely exciting right now. Nashville is amazing. My grad school friends are absolutely awesome. Getting a job is arguably the best. So changes are fine, given that everything around me is changing in an exciting way and that I know great things are up ahead. And they are. Like New York. Like starting my internship. Like dancing at South next Saturday. (Hey, the little things count, too!)

------
"Harbour Lights"
A Silent Film

No comments:

Post a Comment